I really enjoy making monthly goal lists, but apparently I don’t like it quite enough – since I haven’t published them here since August!
So, since my word for the year is all about steadiness, consistency and focus, and this habit of making and publishing monthly goals, for the dual purposes of accountability and record-keeping, is a good habit for me, I’m pretty sure, I’m going to try and get back to it. I’ll also post recaps and make private, more personal monthly goals that I don’t publish.
January recap // good things and accomplishments:
- Garret and I went on a weekend get-away, and it was perfect. Our cabin overlooked a creek, and I got to spend time on the gorgeous deck, listening to the creek bubble by.
- We’ve both been counting calories using the My Fitness Pal app and we’ve exercised ~5 times every week. And we’ve seen results, with a good amount of pounds coming off and both of us just feeling tons better! Garret’s enthusiasm for changing to healthier habits has really helped and encouraged me.
- This has also really helped me in building on the small success I had last year of running slightly more often. I’ve already built back up to running 2 miles without dying, and running feels enjoyable again, so that’s been awesome. We’re also both signed up to run a 5K in April.
- I finished 4 books – well on my way to my 24 books in 2013 reading goal.
- With my word for 2013 (Steadfast), memorize Psalm 112:6-8 and 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- Continue to be steady in counting calories, going to the gym, and running.
- Begin memorizing Romans 12. Memorize v. 1-2.
- Finish 3 books.
- Finish working through Lara Casey’s posts on goal setting and Making Things Happen in 2013.
- Stay in town more! (We’re already well on our way with this one. We need a rest. November through January was a pretty harried time.)
- Go fishing with Garret at least once and catch a fish on my awesome new reel!
What are you working on this month?