Sometimes little things actually feel really big. These are some of the big and encouraging little things that are helping me abide, create and work hard this week:
- Going back to Ragamuffin Gospel, even though I’ve never finished it all the way through. It’s like an incredibly rich dessert that you have to savor, slowly. Rereading the parts I underlined Senior year of high school and again sophomore year of college.
- And chasing that book with the only appropriate music… some freaking sweet old-school Rich Mullins.
- Fixing the same salad I’ve been eating all month: fresh greens from my garden, honey-crisp apples, shaved parmesan and grilled chicken. (I’d love to say that chicken is organic and all that, but it’s of the from-the-frozen-section variety. Baby steps y’all.)
- Cold Tangerines.
- Catching up with friends.
- Ellie Goulding’s new song.
- Fresh mint in ice water.
- Listening to the thunder roll in this afternoon.