- I can’t spell that word to save my life. So many e’s
- Our little family of two is still rolling through an in-between season, and that has me thinking about perseverance frequently.
- I’m trying to eat my own words from that above-linked GWP post and remember that “the perseverance we’re cultivating now will serve us so much better than sitting unhappy until we get to that next milestone.” (But I’m SO good at sitting unhappy!?! Can I really let those prolific whining skills go to waste!? Ha.)
- I’m holding onto Romans 5 like it’s a life raft and I’m a really crappy swimmer. (I actually am a really crappy swimmer.)
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:1-5)
- My friend Meghan taught me that trusting God means rolling into Him, leaning the full weight of all your troubles and worries onto Him. I’m letting that simmer in my heart today and praying that our reaction to trouble is rolling towards God in dependence and hope, not away from Him in bitterness and self-sufficiency.
May we keep fighting the good fight with fierce perseverance, fueled by His strength coursing through our veins.
What have you learned about perseverance over the years? I’d love to hear your lessons learned.