I saw this yarn wreath on Pinterest a while back and once I found some tutorials I decided it was do-able. It turned out to be pretty fun. And, I finished it (!) in only a month! Ha.
I used these tutorials:
- Yarn Wreath Tutorial from Angel Face Designs via Thirty Handmade Days
- Felt Pom Pom Flower Thingamabobs by Mrs. Priss
- Felt Roses by Snips and Spice
- Wreath form
- Yarn (The wreath I saw on Pinterest used shimmery yarn – I didn’t. I’m cheap.)
- Pearly stem thingies from the floral department
- Yellow felt sheets
- Glue gun and glue sticks
Wrapping the wreath took about two hours one night, while watching TV with Garret. I got embarrassingly tangled in the yarn at first, until I stopped being lazy and started putting the whole thing of yarn all the way through and around the wreath form with each wrap.
And then, I let it sit for a few more days. Again- required step. But, I have finally hung it up, on our guest room door. Inside. Husband said it was too girly for the front door, and you know, I see where he’s coming from. But, I love it! My grey+yellow streak continues.