When I was thinking about New Year’s Resolutions one morning the week after Christmas, I got a little bit of vision for a few things to work on this year, and I think I’m going to use Ann Voskamp’s 100 Days printable – just focus on doing 3 new habits for 100 straight days. I’ll share those later, but while I was thinking about goals, I decided to join in on the trend of doing 30 before 30 type lists, and make a 25 before 25 list for me. It was SO fun to make this list! Some things will be free but take a lot of time, some things like trips will require some saving, and some will be super fun. They’re kind of sorted by level of difficulty, but #23-25 especially scare the crud out of me.
Even if they don’t all happen, I think it’s going to be a blast working through these. One troublesome part of my personality is that I love coming up with ideas and starting projects, but often leave them half-finished. I’m hoping this list will help me finish things. I’ve got 15 months to complete this list, and I’ll write update posts as I move through it!
- Make homemade tortillas.
- Donate items to Goodwill or a local charity once a month.
- Organize my recipes.
- Complete perpetual calendar and make/send birthday and anniversary cards regularly.
- Sew something. Anything!
- Finally get the 120 film from my Holga developed (in Austin) and buy and take more.
- Plant a garden, however small.
- Scan and save Mom’s tintype photos, and other old photos of her family.
- Take a weekend to go to museums in DFW.
- Learn how to use all of the controls on my SLR.
- Go to Antiques Week in Round Top.
- Go on a 1 year anniversary trip with my love!
- Take tutorials to improve my Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills.
- Wear that amazing black dress for the first time.
- Join a gym and start lifting weights again.
- Read through old journals and spend time reflecting.
- Memorize new scripture every month.
- Visit Marfa, TX.
- Read and finish 25 books. (See book list post – coming soon!)
- Catch up on all scrapbooking (8 different projects).
- Make Christmas stockings for Garret and I.
- Improve my 5K time.
- Run a 10K in Spring 2011, and a half marathon in Fall 2011.
- Sell my photographs and make a profit.
- Improve my blog. Make it encouraging, artistic, and profitable.