This past week I got two days off of work and used my mini-spring-break to team up with my mom and sister, and later Garret, to get several wedding things done! Yipee! Sometimes I feel like I’m being a procrastinating bride, so it felt good to check things off the list and gain some vision:
- Met with the event coordinator at our reception venue – who is AMAZING and I now have total confidence that our reception is going to be a blast! I really appreciated that she liked my ideas and encouraged us to be creative and out of the box – made our meeting so enjoyable! (Our reception is at a 1950s era, recently renovated movie theater – tons of retro goodness!)
- Met with our florists – which was so fun! They were also super sweet and encouraging. We’re going to use a lot of vintage vases, and many of them have stories – like my grandma’s adorable lemonade glasses with green ribbed stripes. I’m really looking forward to incorporating those important details. And, I can’t wait to see the beautiful (see above) yellow ranunculus flowers! So gorgeous!
- Finished collecting apothecary jars and such for the candy bar. Started planning out the layout/design for it – on my mom’s dining room table of course!
- Ordered custom stationary with our new monogram – so fun!
- Went to our church to fill out paperwork, and looked at our their lovely new candelabra stands which we’ll use for the ceremony. The decor is going to be pretty simple in the church, but more on that later!
- Accomplished Garret and I being at to the tux place at the same time and I got to see him try on the suit we were pretty sure we’d use, and it looked great!
- Booked our wedding night hotel – woohoo!
- My sister booked our bachelorette party venue – a party boat! LOL. Yeah, that’s right. (We’ll behave, I promise.)
- Preparing for our first pre-marital counseling session.
- Preparing to meet with our officiant and begin planning the ceremony details.
So, lots of exciting things are happening, and I am oh so grateful that the time is flying by. Thank you, Lord!