“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thess. 5:16-18
I don’t know about you, but sometimes engagement isn’t actually as magical as it’s advertised to be. Sure you get loads of fun wedding magazines, you get a beautiful white dress, and you get tons of attention – but eventually the shine can wear off. A lot of days, I am unsure of myself, and this transition time I’ve been walking through this last year is imperfect: from daughter/college student to worker and then to wife, from dating to engaged to married, from individual to forever teammate. And if I’m honest, sometimes I get tired of wedding planning, and apathetic about flowers and menus, and I just want to be married!
But my tendancies and emotions are not always on target. According to the end of Thessalonians, I’m called to be joyful and thankful no matter what. Called to see the imperfections and confusions in life, and then look deeper and see that in the midst of it, God is faithful and present and He sees your wonderings and troubles.
So, today here are things I am grateful for:
- My supportive, loving groom, who helps me keep my emotions in check when I let them get crazy.
- Living in a house full of girls who are fun and like me for me and have dance parties.
- Our wonderful families, who help us navigate wedding planning.
- Being able to get married in the church that Garret and I met in, and were both saved and baptized in.
- Having friends and family who value me and my ideas.
- Goldfish crackers and Diet Dr. Pepper
- SYTYCD videos on You Tube (those two dances cheered me up earlier today!)